Friday, May 31, 2013

VESTS!

   You could say that vests are my fashion addiction. Another layer, another chance to twist up an outfit and add something extra. I started wearing vests several years ago (prob 2008) and was instantly hooked. My first vest was from Express and looking back, it wasn't the best fit at the time but I was still learning. As you may notice they quickly became a stable in my wardrobe.
     I love their versatility. You can dress it up or down, wear them with dress shoes or sneakers, or layer it with a blazer. Fit is essential when choosing a vest. You don't want to look like a square with no shape and sloppy. Nor do you want to look like you've out grown your vest and see buttons pulling or fabric stretching. A nice tailored fit with a little room to move is best for a slim, modern look. When you are shopping remember no box and no pull.

    Another thing I look for when buying a vest is creativity.  I like something unique. I have a few simple vests that I play up with wildly patterned shirts and vibrant colors, but for the most part I really enjoy a unique vest with a cool plaid pattern, dark red or interesting color, zippers and buttons. Details like patterns on the back and stitching all help bring style to your outfit.