Thursday, May 2, 2013

Express: Fit and Style

    Express is one of my all time favorite stores.  I have been shopping there for as long as I can remember. My wife, best friend at the time, first introdcued me back in High School. Back then it was called "Structure", anyone remember that?  The fit of their clothes is superb. 
      The other day I was in need of some slacks. I had a Kohls' coupon, so I thought, "Let me check there first and see what they have". I ended up finding my favorite "slim" fit slacks, but once I tried them on they still felt really loose. Against my better judgement I bought them, figuring they weren't sooo bad (yeah right!). The next day I received a coupon for Express (go figure) and needed a few new dress shirts. While I was there I tried on some slacks and wow, perfect fit like always (of course)! I had to get them. There is no way I can keep my Kohls' pants now. It's just not the same. Sometimes it is worth spending the extra $$ to get the fit you want. Honestly, the price difference wasn't much. Express has some really good deals and they are always mailing out coupons, which is great! Usually I receive buy one get the other half off or for $20.
      Slim fit is what's in right now. So I believe a lot of designers are trying to be current and jump on the bandwagon, but lack the passion and experience to make a quality fit for men. Express on the other hand has nailed it! This ain't their first rodeo! 
     The two shirts above were buy one get the other half off. Even the fit of the shirts are superb. I love how everything is becoming more fitted in men's fashion. I recently tried to wear some of my older Express shirts from a few years back and they feel like parachutes. It's time to clean out my closet, except for ones I pair with my sweaters in the winter months.
       I am also a fan of  the bowties at Express. As you know bowties are trending.  I'm thrilled it's taken off and risen in popularity. It gives men more accessories to express themselves. Why should women have all the fun?  I've purchased some really great bowties from Express (see picture below).      
      All in all I recommend Express. I give it a 10 for fit and style. 
Bottom Picture- Today's look: Express shirt & bowtie, Aldo boots, Kohls socks, GbyGuess belt and dark wash jeans.